Autumn Background

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Last of London

One of the days was set to be rainy, no surprise for London, so I headed to the British Museum with the intent to stay as long as I felt like it and not a minute longer. I am totally amazed by that museum, thier collections were incredible.



I was quite intrigued by the Egyptian exhibit. They had this body, skeleton, and mini sphinx that had been excavated from various burial sites.




More interesting things from the museum......




Can you imagine potty training using that contraption? Thank goodness for pullups and real toilets!!



Another underground photo. They only say "Mind the Gap" on certain lines now. I was a little sad to not hear it all the time.


Todd had a free day before we left so we went to Hampton Court Palace. I have to admit we are slightly obsessed with the Tudors. There is just something so intriguing about them and their whole saga. Scandalous. Go ahead, ask us anything, and we'll probably know the answer :-)


This is a really cool way to do a family tree. Maybe when I have my own walls to paint again someday I will do something like it.



Todd out carousing with his buddies......




The Courtyard at Hampton Court.



Todd was in a stupor considering how much meat could be cooked there. The prospect was a little too much for him....mmmmmm, Meat!!!!!!!!



And yes, we are brilliant! We were able to find the center of the maze. It took a few minutes though. Don't follow me, I have not a clue in the world how to not go around in circles. We were thinking how we needed Dallin and his uncanny ability to find his way through mazes (he lead a bunch of adults-not telling who-through a difficult maze at the age of two!!!)


And now our last day. Of course we had to cram a quick trip to Notting Hill and the Portobello Road Market in before we left. C'mon, it was a Saturday.


Yes, I do love that movie!!!





Two last shots out our hotel window and that's all folks!!! Off to the airport and back home we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment