Autumn Background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Koln (Cologne)



We went to Obersalzburg where Hitler's bunker is and toured the "dokumentation" of the Nazi movement. Very interesting and very creepy.


I was walking along in the tunnels and looking at something, and Todd says to me, "are you going to step on it?" I look down and right under my foot is a mouse. Totally small and not one bit scary until the thought goes through my head "what if instead of stepping on it, it runs over the top of my foot?" So I gave a little girly shriek and it ran off.


Then on to Koln for Todd to do some work.






While Todd was at work I went around Koln sightseeing. The first place I went was the Dom Cathedral. I climbed the 533 steps to the top. I am not normally scared of heights, but I was dizzy by the top. It was a little unnerving to be so high up even though you are totally safe. While I was up at the top the bells started ringing, it was cool but loud!




Some cute buildings along the Rhein.



Waiting for our train to Belguim......

No comments:

Post a Comment