Autumn Background

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mud, Ducks, & Popsicles

After the reunion we dropped Todd off at the airport and headed down to Orem to Grandpa and Grandma Davis' house. We arrived with no set plans and no departure date.

We started off the week right. Irrigation came early Monday morning and it was time to get down to having fun!
It all starts with putting your feet in the water and goes downhill from there....
You lose your balance and sit in mud.....

And then you just get plain old MUDDY!!!!

There was so much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth when I told them to get clean they'd have to be sprayed off with the hose that Great Aunt Trina took pity on them and went inside and brought out warm water in her watering can to wash them off. Pansies!!!! I never would have been spoiled like that!!!

On their morning walks Grandpa and Grandma had seen a bunch of baby ducks at the park. They bought some duck bread and off we went!

Momma duck had crazy wings.


Cute little fluff balls!


After the bread was finished, and not all by the ducks I might add, we went to play. It is a fabulous park.
This makes me think of a little girl dancing in a European fountain.


Swinging on the gigantic swing!!!


It was soooo hot that day we had to head home for the patio and Popsicles!!!


I wanted to take the kids hiking and picked Stewart Falls. It is the perfect hike; not too far, some shade, water at the end.....






But first a picnic lunch.
Scratch the water at the end to play in! I've never seen it like this. There had been so much snow this last winter that in the second week of July it still hadn't melted and the run off made the falls huge!!! So instead of water they got snow to play in.

Grandpa had to reign in Jonah. He decided on the way back that it would be a good idea for him to hike. But not on the trail mind you, everywhere but the trail. Crazy kid.



Tractor rides, or rather driving the tractor. Lauren quickly learned to turn the wheel and get that thing steered away from the trees she was headed toward. Luckily Grandpa drove when Jonah was on or who knows where they would have ended up. Grandma would not be happy about a smashed garden.


In between all those things we did a plethora of other things as well. I shopped at Walmart. Luckily there isn't a decent and clean one near us or I would drop a fortune. I think they pump something into the air in that store. Either that or California sticker shock has eaten away my brain so that when I see cheap items I pounce!!


Grandpa, Dallin, Lauren and I also went to Seven Peaks. I thought they were old enough to enjoy the place now and seeing as how it was a part of so many of my summers, I thought a little waterpark time was in order. Grandma happily volunteered to stay home with Jonah, although stay home they did not. He was taken to the mall for a little spoiling! The kids had a blast on the waterslides and loved the wave pool. We'll have to go back again because Lauren was too short for some of the more exciting rides and was a little peeved that they wouldn't let her on.

No comments:

Post a Comment