Autumn Background

Monday, October 4, 2010

The "Maine" Event

Welcome to Kennebunkport, ME. I love this picture. I've decided that it is classic Maine in the fall. Fall decor in the background, kiddos in Adirondak chairs, fall clothes, etc. Good times.


Oh my goodness! I have found the Whoopie Pie. A layer of frosting goodness sandwiched by two soft chocolate creations (Cookies? Cake? Not sure.). This is day two of my Whoopie experience. That didn't sound right. My Whoopie Pie experience. Yesterday was W.P. ice cream and today an actual W.P. I'm shameless I admit it. I did share a bite or two with my kids, because I love them and if I don't eat the entire thing myself then the calories don't count right?


We ate lunch in this little country store H.B. Provisions. It was so cool. They had the little eating area, a lunch counter, home baked goods, a general store area and so much charm. An older guy congratulated us on our family as he was leaving after having his daily cuppa. He told us that we were great and proceeded to identify who looked like which parent and then advised us that it is a lot of work but worth it. I love the people here, they are so genuine.

We had to do it. The Bush Family retreat is in Kennebunkport, so we did a totally tourist thing and went to find the compound. The awesome thing is that Todd commented that since we were driving a shiny Black Suburban people might think we were part of the Secret Service detail. Sure enough we got a few looks from the people parked on the road opposite the house. And sure enough, there were a couple of black suburbans parked inside the compound. It was kind of fun to pretend that we were Jack Bauer and his latest female companion in our pimped out vehicle. I know, we're lame, but we have fun being that way.

The old churches in New England are beautiful. These are two examples, the white church is in the center of Kennebunkport. The other is an Episcopal church along the coast outside of Kennebunkport. The Episcopal church had the pastor's residence on the grounds, talk about a set of diggs. What a view!

Dallin QUITS!! Dallin decided that Todd could have 3 more pictures and that's it!!! Need I say more?
Lauren loves all things girly. Of course she loved this little scarecrow and then there's the pink house. When we lived in AZ we would regularly pass a pink house out on the reservation in our travels. She took to asking if we could paint our house pink, to which we responded that when she was big and had her own house she could paint it pink. Well needless to say she knows what house she wants when she's big.


Jonah, Jonah. Of course we didn't bring any changes of clothing with us today and Jonah decided to make us pay for it. I know what the kid eats, but my goodness child! Needless to say we had to find some clothes so we were driving toward York, Maine and passed a sweats outlet. I ran in and got the only option available, but hey, beggars can't be choosers and it was only $10. So here is Jonah in his old man leisure suit. He actually kind of looks cute in it but he'll be the butt of a joke or two over the next few days. Here he is swinging for the first time by himself at a beachside park in York. He is also seen posing in front of Cape Neddick Lighthouse.


Cape Neddick Lighthouse. This is the most famous lighthouse in the US, also the most photographed. It was really pretty there.

No comments:

Post a Comment